Sunday, January 16, 2011

October Meeting

I walked through the door of my first meeting with the 4th graders pretty nervous.  I love to see the faces of 9-10 year olds.  Their desire to gather information is displayed in their smiley and eager faces.  There were several questions and many comments about what Agriculture is and who all is involved in this vast industry.

We spent our hour talking different crops grown in North Dakota such as Wheat, Barley, Canola, Corn, Flax, Soybeans and several others.  We also talked about things needed to help crops grow such as Fertilizer, Herbicide, and Fungicide. We talked about animal agriculture and many other sectors of the very large industry.  There were many stories that I was able to hear about the student's involvement in agriculture as well as questions pertaining to many subjects. The lively bunch was so excited and I was so excited to be there!

I left quite a bit more confident then when I showed up, the year is destined to be an exciting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment